On Oct 3, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Jonas Ulrich wrote:

> I attempted to overclock a beige. I put a 400MHZ processor from a
> blue and white in it and overclocked it to 466MHZ. It powered on but
> nothing came up on the screen and no lights came on. nothing. I
> tried some other combinations and nothing worked. finally i put the
> original processor and jumper block in and it wouldn't start. NOTE:
> IT POWERS ON JUST NO POWER LIGHTS OR ANYTHING ON SCREEN.

You need to press the CUDA reset button whenever you change a CPU. In
the Beige, because the power supply has some residual charge
available, the CUDA button alone doesn't always work correctly, so
you'll also need to remove the PRAM battery & the power cable from the
power supply to the motherboard, THEN press the CUDA reset button.
Sometimes waiting is also required (don't ask me why), but sometimes
if you wait 10-15 minutes with the PRAM battery removed it changes
things some. In worst cast, let it sit overnight without the PRAM
battery and the power supply cable unattached, and press the CUDA
again before reassembly. The Beige is the most difficult Mac.

For what it's worth, my Beige would run a G4 400 MHz at 466 MHz, but
it would freeze about once a week. When I moved it back to 433 MHz it
was rock solid, so my experience with a single data point is that 466
MHz is a little too high for a 400 MHz CPU.