On 12/31/09 5:08 PM, Gary Conrad of kc7...@gmail.com sent

> Hi, I installed OS 9 on my G3, maxed out the memory and it works
> great!
> Free computer, free software, what I need is: How do you get the
> screensaver to work, or is there one, or do I have to download
> something that is missing, or what??
> Thank you from a duh user.
> Gary

Hi Gary,
No such thing as a "duh" question or answer when it comes to computers,
imho.
OS 9 traditionally did not ship with a native screen saver (as OS X does),
but there were several 3rd party solutions, some of them quite elegant.
Generally they acted as small applications that you would put in you Control
Panels folder or Startup Items - it would "launch" at start up, but engage
only on cue (when you told it to according to your preferences set-up). I
seem to recall, towards the end of the OS 9 era, that many created theirs
using Macromedia Director (a precursor to Flash).
Maybe there are some sites still around doling out such OS 9 goodies.
Best regards,
Dana