At 9:52 PM -0800 1/8/2010, Michael G.M. wrote:
How about use gift cards instead?
They're available for eBay's, Amazon's, iTunes', Applebees'.

Gift cards could be interesting, if both parties are willing.

I would think they aren't much more secure than sending cash, because they're negotiable by anyone.

What about verifying their validity and value - can that be done easily, perhaps online?

heh. iTunes Gift Cards. Whole new realm of possibilities there, as you can buy them steeply discounted on eBay. I wonder how many of those auctions are bogus?

Personally, I might be willing to accept a gift card to a place I frequent - like Wal Mart. No use for cards from other places tho. I really prefer real money. That way I can throw it at whatever needs the most attention - pharmacy, grocery store, pharmacy, pharmacy, ...

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.