On Jan 16, 12:00 pm, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >(using the same Acrobat 8 application that resides on one of the partitions)
>
> This could be an issue.  Adobe "products" are not self-contained in a
> single .app package. ...  Try installing Acrobat on EACH system.

-- Nope. I consiered that but (I just confirmed) Acrobat is on the
4.11 partition where I do most of my work (using WrtieNow.3 that runs
only in OS9). That's how I generated 14 MB files; the 5 MB files were
generated running that app from the 5.8 partition.

-- If, as John Carmonne suggests, 5.8 saves more compact files and
space is a premium, a 60% reduction is nothing to ignore.

Tom Field