----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Why are you (still) using PowerPC-based Macs?
Date:    Donnerstag 21 Januar 2010N
From:    Jonas Ulrich <jonasulrich3...@gmail.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com

> When i do get an intel machine, it won't be from Apple. I'll build
> a Hackintosh.

I was thinking about a Hackintosh too lately. Just for the fun of it. (My
primarly OS is still Linux, so I would be running Windows and Mac OS X just
for fun.)

A Core i5 or even Core i7 would be fine... Should be less than 1000 Euros and
would be comparable to a quad core Nehalem Mac Pro or even faster.

But then... I love the Power Mac/Mac Pro aluminium case. It is beautiful but
still functional and an do-it-yourself-hardware-upgraders' dream...

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250