________________________________
From: Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net>
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 16 February, 2010 23:09:35
Subject: Re: New keyboard verses Old Tiger

On Feb 16, 2010, at 4:33 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> There's been firmware updates for these keyboards, which implies that they're
> NOT just "dumb collection of switches."

Shouldn't we suspect the NSA has something to do with this? A keystroke logger
in every keyboard perhaps? They say during the first Gulf War the Iranians were
using a computer printer with hacked firmware that sent all of Saddam Hussein's
orders directly to us over the internet. I'm sure being able to monitor
individual keyboards attached to the internet could easily be interpreted as a
matter of "national security" also.

FGS I hope the Brit government don't see this:- We're already the most
surveilled society on Earth, and just carrying a camera (even my old Nikon F4
35mm system) is sufficient to get you shaken down by the cops on spurious
anti-terrorist crap due to abuse of their oppresasive powers, and their
draconian powers to spy on emails and cellphone traffic would make the Stasi
jealous. Once arrested, your DNA stays on their database even if you're never
charged with any offence.

They took "1984" as a guidebook, not a warning.

However, I can't really see Apple going along with this - Jobs has always been
tending towards the libertarian rather than authoritative government.