With recent discussion about LEM group rules, please allow me to pass along the following:

Earlier today one of the most active members of this Group wrote to another LEM Group:

At 7:54 AM +0000 2/23/2010, someone wrote:
Guys, I hate to bring this up, as I have been trying to ignore the
issue for a while, but is there any chance we can start editing replies?

Lost cause, I'm afraid. I don't think the nannies have the desire or
time to enforce trimming.

To which a manager of that Group promptly replied:

Trimming is still in the list rules, and in fact a number of people here who post untrimmed messages have recently been put on moderated status by me, and experienced their posts not getting through unless they were trimmed. So: please everyone, make less work for us nannies and trim your posts. Your assistance in this is much appreciated.

Please be reminded of the following section from our LEM Group Netiquette:

Please quote only the relevant portion of messages you respond to:
"You shouldn't have to wade through gobs of extraneous stuff to get to the meat of the message. You should include just enough to provide a context for the message and no more.

"Quoting sparingly does require manual work, since most email programs automatically quote the [whole] original message in replies. But failing to edit the original wastes everyone's time and bandwidth."

As G-Group Managers, we are pleased to observe the active participation of new and old members in meaningful discussions about Desktop Macs with G-processors. However, there have been numerous messages with grossly excessive quotes, sometimes including multiple levels of names, signatures, and even group trailers. Please make an effort to trim your quotes in accordance with the Netiquette and common sense.

By the way, the owner of LEM Groups recently sent a general reminder to all members of our largest group, that excessive quoting may be cause for manager (nanny) action.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Fabian Fang
LEM G-Group Manager