On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM, iJohn <zjboyguard-ggro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:21 AM, John Musbach <johnmusba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not only that, but IIRC higher power means a thinner broadcast radius
>> as well--eventually becoming strictly line of sight.
>>

> I'm afraid I wasn't able to parse "thinner broadcast radius". What
> shape (??) results from a thinner (??) radius?

Basically, in lower power access points--like consumer Apple airport
base stations the signal is broadcast in a circular fashion around the
base station. But as the power increases, the signal becomes more and
more narrow until at the highest powers the signal is simply broadcast
in a line from the access point to the receiving end. At least that's
how I understand it.

--
Best Regards,

John Musbach