At 7:17 PM +0000 3/21/2010, Ted Treen wrote:
Dan wrote:
At 4:35 PM +0000 3/21/2010, Ted Treen wrote:
G5 Early 2005 Dual 2.0, 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
Message is repeated many times (between 6 and 20+ ish) and reads:-
Mar 21 16:29:37 TedsG5 kernel[0]: { 41 910440} UniNEnet::restartReceiver
Is this indicative of a problem I should be solving?

Just repeated in one block, or over and over at later times? Were there any network outtages at the time? Sleep/wake cycles? Try reseating your ethernet cables.

The message is repeated constantly - timed intervals vary between 40 seconds and sometimes as much as 10 mins.
No network problems (1 Mac connected to ethernet router for ADSL)

Have reseated all cables - and even tried others.

It could be a dying ethernet interface. I'm hoping it's the interface at the other end tho, not the one in your Mac. Try a different port on the router. Try connecting to a separate ethernet switch.

Have you installed anything that could interfere with the NIC? LittleSnitch etc? If so, trying disabling them. (long shot - I'm leaning toward a growing hardware issue).

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.