Well in the end, everybody moves on, and Apple has left behind a legend of
PowerPc computers, and it has made it's mark on history. I would be glad to
see Apple making both PowerPC and AMD and intel processors, so everyone has
a choice. Other than that, yeah.... Apple had made quite some history with
all of it's products so far. I have been noticing that they have been
liquidating macs and cutting their prices in huge amounts, so i wouldn't be
surprised if Apple had the same story with both the PowerPC to intel
transition, and the Intel to AMD transition. Imagine... snow leopard made
for intel only like tiger was only made for PowerPC, but then Mac OS X
10.6.9 is released (lets pretend this is February 2011) and it has support
for both AMd and intel. Then Apple stops making intel macs, and releases mac
OS X 10.7, the last version of Mac OS X to support Intel macs. Then they
release mac OS X 10.8, which only supports AMd processors. If this cycle
keeps going on, i wonder what processor they will switch to when they are
done with AMD processors... mac OS X 10.9, then 10.10 or 11.0.. and so on...
I really wouldn't be surprised if this would happen.