Personally, I think Apple might go in the ARM direction… maybe. I'd
love to see a PPC revival, but using AMD (with their powerhouse ATI
division) isn't exactly a bad thing either. My desktop, an old PIII
(my iPad is understandably my primary computer, with my parent's HP
Pavilion and my college's iMacs supporting it) is in some major need
of an upgrade, and I'm definitely looking at AMD stuff (for running
Ubuntu, not Win7 ;-).
  That said, AMD has some great reliability (our old 1999 Presario has
a AMD K6 which works better than the PIII), and I think the cool names
that AMD gives their CPUs might be more Apple-esque than "Core 2 Duo"
or "i7". All-in-all, exciting times for Apple and the Mac-verse in
general

Proudly sent from my iPad.