On Apr 20, 2010, at 2:51 PM, Mark Sokolovsky wrote:

I think youtube banned video downloading in 2007. I tried it, but you'll either get two things:

1. It won't work
2. You will get caught by the site administration, and it will work but you might get sued.

PowerPc computers are not slower. I guarantee you that if PowerPC computers were still made today, they would beat any Intel Xeon or i7 out there. A video that is that large can work properly on a PowerPC computer without being slow, just as long as you have good system specs.

here is what i recommend to watch videos without any performance issues:

400Mhz PowerPC G4
1GB RAM
64MB or better video card
You must be refering to wmv videos or DVDs on a G4 400 MHz. I can't acceptably play a Utube streaming video on a PPC slower than 800 and that's on the edge. Even my G4 MDD Dual 1.25 2 GB RAM can choke on some of them. The only PPC machine I have that will do it as well as an Intel is a PM G5 Dual 2.7. 6 GB RAM. What other magic do you have on that G4 400? I have 3 G4 500 MHz Cubes all 1.5 Gb Ram and the Utube performance on them is pathetic.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my TiBook 800