On Apr 20, 6:11 am, Lawrence David Eden <lde...@comcast.net> wrote:
> A friend recently gave me a Lexmark X75.  I downloaded the Lexmark
> drivers from their website, but it seems that the X75 is unsupported.
> The G5 can't find a driver...but it does "see" the printer and
> identifies it by name.
> Are there any other ways to solve this problem and get the X75 up and
> running on an iMac G5?

Did you follow these steps?
1. Double-click the installer icon on your desktop.
2. Accept the license agreement.
3. Cancel the Printer Selection screen. If you are unable to cancel
this screen, force quit it (command + option + escape).
4. If a Printer Setup is not complete message appears, click OK.
5. Go to System Preferences, Print and Fax, Set Up Printers.
6. When you see a message stating You have no printers available,
click Add, then select your printer. Note: If your printer is attached
via USB, it may not appear until you have selected USB from the pull-
down menu (I think that note is for Panther only).
7. It should find a driver called "Lexcmark All-in-One if you give it
a few moments to search.

-"A Friend"