I tried the other lists and the only one that lets me post is the Jaguar
list and this one, the Clamshell List isn't active anymore, I am very sorry
about this...
   I have a 466mhz with DVD drive and the ram is maxed 576!!! The Tiger install
disc will start but the HD doesn't show up in the install window... There is
nothing wrong with the mother board because I put the old HD back in and it
works very good... I can not get to the desktop with the new drive to open up
the HD and go to the applications folder to find the utilities folder to
reformat the HD... I did hook the Clamshell up to my Powerbook with my FireWire
cable and got to the utilities folder from there but it was in OS 9 and still
didn't show up there??? I've done this many many times before but I never had
to reformat any drive, one of the HD drives I bought before I thought was new
but looking at it, it says it is a reconditioned HD so it must have been
already formatted for my machine... I never wanted to run anything newer then
Jaguar in these because it runs too slow with anything newer, but many people
have told me a 7200rpm HD will speed it up also a larger HD then 10g will
too... I used to buy stacks of these Clamshells and fix them and sell them back
in the day!!! I also know about getting to the options part of the install to
select a clean and reinstall or save files and reinstall, I can't even get that
far with the install, it makes to the window after I check agree to terms and
that is it, no HD shows up... I even sent the one HD back to where I bought it
and they sent me a new one and the same thing happens and they told me this
will work... All of the Clamshells I have, and had, I installed Jaguar and OS
9.2.2 and didn't partition any of them, they all ran Classic or I could reboot
into OS 9.2.2... Jaguar is now too old to run comfortably and Panther I just
never liked it to begin with (I had one with Panther and down graded it to
Jaguar)... I have been working on this for over a month now and tried so many
different things and still can't get Tiger on this one Clamshell, if I get it
to work and I like it I will do up the other 2 Clamshells with the same specs
as this one I have (466mhz with 576mb and DVD drives)!!! Thank You very much
for everyones help I really do love your input here!!!