On Apr 30, 2010, at 9:27 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

On Apr 30, 2010, at 6:19 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

On Apr 30, 2010, at 6:17 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

here's one of things that I should know where to look for, but I'm stumped....

I have no "Apple DVD Player" in the applications folder where it should be. (Leopard 10.5.8), how can I get it? Jeff (and yes, I've recently added an optical drive to this MDD dual 1.42)

Use spotlight to find it. It somehow got moved. Or reinstall the system??

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP

John, reinstalling the system isn't really an option.. I think what happened was the OS was installed from another dvd drive and somehow the installer saw there was no dvd drive and "left it off" of the install. I know there's a way of using a piece of software to install it from the leopard install disk, but I forget the name of it off the top of my head. sounds like "pacifier" Jeff

How about "Pacifist"    ??

Chuck Davis