I have no "Apple DVD Player" in the applications folder where it should be.
(Leopard 10.5.8), how can I get it? Jeff  (and yes, I've recently added an
optical drive to this MDD dual 1.42)
 Jeffrey Engle

Which model optical drive ? It may not be compatible with Leopard or at least
not without a software hack anyway.
You can always go to
http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drivedb/search.drivedb.lasso
and type in
Drive Model No:
Mac Model:
MacOS Version:

and see what others have done to make it work.

Stewie