Damn, DC, thanks for all the info.  I will now proceed with caution
and not try to deal with those tiny jumpers.

Also, I was *this* close to getting a cheap 700 on eBay.  Clearly I
need to do some more research.  Cheap is good, but I don't really want
to spend time getting over incompatibilities with 9.1

Wait, there's a GeForce 6200 for the Mac?

-carlos