I have been using my MDD G4 (not that far removed from the quicksilver) for months now with a startup button that sometimes flickers, dies and does not start (a problem that began after I accidently disconnected the power while it was running). But given a rest for a few hours it starts fine (after a few tried, of course) and then continues to start so long as it is shut down normally However, if disconnected from the power while running (yep. I did it again) it falls back into the button light flicker and dies mode. But then, given some rest and tried again, starts up and runs fine again.

It seems to me if this were a power supply issue that the computer would never start again? Also, I don't see why a power outage would kill a computer power supply?