I am getting ready to move my home Mac away from the G world to an intel mini. My storage needs vastly outweigh (do bits have weight?) the HDs available for the mini.

I just grabbed from OWC's Garage sale a Mercury Elite Pro AL Firewire 800/400/USB 2.0 dual drive enclosure. It has the Oxford 924 chipset. The specs say it supports drives up to 1TB.

My guess is that when it was produced, there were no drives larger than 1TB and it was not tested with anything larger, therefore the 1TB limit. My understanding with SATA is that it does not have the same size limitations as the older PATA 66 and 100 (forgive the simplification).

So, should this support larger drives? Yes, I have this question into OWC's tech support.

Thanks,
Len