Yeah it is a universal install disk.  When I try and get it to boot
with the  C key I get the white screen with the grey Apple logo, but
it does not seem to be doing anything.  Is there some way to bring up
a verbose mode that would tell me if the computer is doing anything?
Furthermore if for some reason it won't boot using the internal DVD
drive can I boot from an external USB DVD drive to do the install?