On 6/10/10 10:18 PM, Illirik Smirnov of illir...@gmail.com sent

> I have a 1600MHz single-core G5 that come from the factory with 2X512MB of
> memory. I added a matching pair of 1GB sticks (PC3200), and the G5 won't turn
> on. A red light turns on, near the front of the case. If the PC3200 isn't
> compatible, which speed should I use? When I take the RAM out, it works
> again... what should I do?
> Illirik Smirnov

Hello Illirik,
I have this same G5. The native RAM is actually PC2700, though 3200 should
work.
Your description sounds like a classic bad RAM issue. When you say "won't
turn on" do you mean won't boot (current is noticeable, since you have a red
light), or do you mean absolutely nothing? I suspect the former.
Here are some quoted symptoms from Apple re: you're issue:

No power (LED on/off, no fans, no boot tone, no video)
1. Check power supply cables
2. Check logic board power rails
3. Check processor connector
4. Check logic board tape for dual config
5. Replace power supply
6. Replace processor
7. Replace logic board

No boot (LED on/off, fans spin, no boot tone, no video)
1. Replace memory
2. Replace logic board

Memory (blinking LED, fans spin, no boot tone, no video)
1. Check memory config and replace DIMMs
2. Replace logic board
No boot tone (LED on, fans spin, no boot tone, video) or
No video (LED on, fans spin, boot tone, no video)
1. Reseat video card
2. Replace video card
3. Replace front panel board cable
4. Replace speaker
5. Replace front panel board
6. Replace logic board

The second entry is, I think, your concern, with replace memory as #1 fix.
Contact your vendor and ask for a replacement for the two sticks of RAM.
HTH,
Dana