At 8:10 AM -0700 6/12/2010, Geke wrote:
(using Digital Audio 466, 10.4.11)

Now I updated to 4.1, and it crashed right away.
To be exact: after download, it wanted to restart the Mac, so I did that.

It wanted to reboot after downloading or after installing?

On every startup, I have a script starting Mail and getting messages.
Then I opened Safari 4.1: crash.

Does it crash immediately or while loading your home page or ?

Try Safari from a different/clean/new user account.

Safari 4.1/5 is very twitchy wrt 3rd party InputManagers and Internet Plug-ins. People have reported problems with CosmoPod, SafariStand, SIMBL, etc. So try moving those items aside...

Please zip up that crash log and email it to me directly.  I'll take a look.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.