Well the biggest difference off the top of my head will be the RAM.
The Quicksilver uses older PC 133 SDRAM   and the MDD uses newer DDR
RAM which also explains the difference in price for the RAM.  PC 133
is quite expensive these days.   There is also the bus speed of the
mainboard too which is different.  I have a Quicksilver 933mhz (single
processor) and I runs 10.5 just fine with 1.25 GBs (1.5 GBs is the
max) of RAM so either model will run Leopard just fine.