To clarify, this is a dual 1.8Ghz (Late 2004) G5 Model number A1047. It has 8
RAM slots, and yes, I did install it in matched pairs. It seemed like when I
reseated the RAM and reset the PMU it would work for a short time, perhaps boot
(but power down at login) a few times before it went back to flashing the
"incompatible ram" signal on the front LED. I did blow out the RAM slots with
compressed air, as well as the rest of the computer.

        -Elliott Price