On 13/7/10 12:29, "John Carmonne" <carmo...@aol.com> wrote:

> OK. simple you say? I'm sure going to try to. I guess the trick here is
> getting the right cable. So to start how can I check positively the capability
> of my two DVI ports on my Radeon 9600 card? Then from there I should have part
> of the required info to choose a cable? I think I will want to also have the
> sound ported to the stereo or can it go to the TV and then the stereo?

    I have actually done this with a G5 iMac to two 42 inch plasma screens -
one 480p and one 720p. The video was taken from the mini vga port into a 10
port vga 1600x1200 splitter and direct to the plasmas with vga cable. The
audio was taken from the minijack headphone port of the iMac to a mixer then
a 100w power amp and speakers. Alternatives to the mac output were provided
by a DVD player and an AppleTV. Picture was very good on the plasmas but
very poor on the mac desktop as the mirroring res was set by the second
monitor at 480p which is dire on a monitor. 480p denotes the vertical res of
the display and corresponds to a poor 640x480 res on a monitor - 720p
corresponds to a better 1280x720 res and the best highdef is currently 1080p
(or i - p is allegedly better) which corresponds to 1920x1080 which is good
for a tv but not so good for a monitor - as I have a 21" multiscan now ten
years old which can do better - notwithstanding the 22% screen loss of 16:9
compared to the old 4:3.....

<http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/1652880/time-ditch-awful-hd-108
0p-widescreens>

Pete