During an upcoming vacation in an RV, our family will want to charge
their Apple laptops and iPods as usual, but of course there won't be
any wall outlets like there are in a house. Instead, we have a little
gadget called a power inverter from Radio Shack, made in Taiwan by
Enercell, that can be plugged into an electrical outlet connected to
the car's battery. Here's a picture of the thing: <http://tinyurl.com/
23fequ8>. I wonder if it's safe to the electronics to use this
inverter?

It says on the package: "150-watt power inverter. Equips your vehicle
with a household electrical outlet and USB port! Power your home
electronics from your car! Continuous AC power: 150W. Peak power: 300W
for one cycle. Output voltage 115 VAC + - 10 VAC, 5 VDC + - 0.25 VDC.
Output frequency 60Hz + - 3Hz. No-load current draw 0.4A. Caution:
total combined power of devices plugged into this inverter should not
exceed 150W.

Anybody see a problem with plugging a Powerbook, a MacBook, or an iPod
into this thing? (Not all at once, of course).

Thanks much!

Tom