On 7/18/10 6:56 PM, onelucent wrote:
I was thinking the same thing.  Also, once you get into SD cards, some
higher capacity or higher speeds ones will require "later,"
higher-capacity readers.

In one case I encountered where this was a problem the 4Gb SD card showed up in the older card reader but it couldn't be accessed beyond the 1Gb point. But other card readers could well not show the card at all as it seems in this case.

The OP might try a smaller (< 1Gb card) as a test.