Greetings,
I've never tried this, but I would think that once you have installed
Leopard that you can just shut down the platform and when it is
restarted it will return to the same screen where it was when shut
down.

You may not get a shutdown button, just do a force shutdown with the
power key.

You may want to try shutting down and restarting once before handing
the box back to you friend.

However be sure to instruct them to read each of the screens before
they proceed to the next one.

As some of the information that is inputted can not be changed later,
or requires a lot of UNIX experience to change.

One item that CAN NOT be changed easily is the Platform Owners Name,
the Short Name, it's just easer to reload the OS if you make a mistake
and/or want to make a change than to try changing those items.

Cheers.

Harry
San Jose, Ca