>> You need at least 867 MHz processor to install 10.5 on that machine. I
>> do this by installing the system on a Fire Wire drive via a compatible
>> machine and the using Carbon Copy Cloner to get it on the slower
>> machine. But be aware it will be real slooow. :-)
>
> There are software tricks and tools (LeopardAssist?) to let one install 10.5
> on a slower system.
>
> As for the OP, I'd take a look to make sure your Firmware is up-to-date.
> When I was looking to try Leopard on my Sawtooth, I saw a couple of comments
> which pointed in that direction.
>
> John

The OP stated a Mini G4 in the mix I sometimes feel that the Mini system can be
problematic I would do an install on a FW drive from any G4 867 up except a
Mini and see if I could boot the FW drive on the Gigabit. Then you may have to
reset all in the Gigabit, remove every thing from the machine including the
RAM, HDD's , PRAM battery and unplug all cables you can , hold CUDA down for 30
secs and reinstall  your parts.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP