I have put a Radeon 7000 in mine and i got a very slight bump, but it
still isn't playable.  The only solution i have found is to use
something along the lines of Videobox and let the computer convert it
into something that the machine can play.   I have a 400 bumped to 450
G4 Yikes with 768  of memory.  I haven't tried enabling the Quartz
Extreme Patch because I am updated to 10.4.11 and I heard it stop
working prior to that.  I don't have any other PCI cards in my machine
so even if I did enable the patch I wouldn't know if it would slow
down my ata bus.  I don't know how the bus's are laid out on this
yikes board.  I think.. THINK.. they went to two PCI bus's in the
earlier G3 machines but they had scsi in them.

If anyone does have a block diagram of the Yikes/G4 or B&W/G3 block
diagram of where all the buses are I would  love to take a look..  I
have goggled to no end trying to find them.

Thanks!!!

and Good luck on flash problem  Hope you find a solution (short of
tossing the G4 in heap and replacing it)..

Gus.