Hi, all,

I'm brand new to this group, and in the spirit of full disclosure,
I've never owned a Mac before and haven't used one since Computer Lab
in seventh grade.

My dad has recently come to live with me, and as I didn't want him
using my computer anymore, I decided to get him his own. That turned
out to be a Power Mac G3 beige, and finding parts for it has been a
bit of a chore (e.g, I had no idea before we got it that it wouldn't
work with any of the PC mice or keyboards I have lying around). The
monitor that came with it recently died, so now I'm trying to find a
new one.

The problem is that it only seems to support an ADC monitor (or so the
girl at the Mac store said when I described the port to her over the
phone), and they don't seem to make those anymore.

What I'd like to do is swap out the video card for one that supports
VGA (I've performed video card upgrades on PCs before, I'm hoping the
"surgery" is about the same). Will this be possible? And if so, can
anyone recommend a VGA card that's not too expensive that the G3 beige
can support? (It doesn't have to be fancy- my dad really only needs
the computer to check his e-mail and browse YouTube.)

Thanks in advance,
Heather