Bequette Jeff wrote:
> I have 2 machines, both MDD, 1 an 867ghzdp the other a 1ghzdp.  The
> 1ghz machine has a dead mother board.  Can I swap the processors 1.0
> the 867 machine?  Or should I look at swapping the motherboards?
>
> Jeff Bequette
> <jbeque...@tconl.com>

To run the Dual G4/1.0GHz CPU on the main logic board of the Dual
G4/857MHz system, i.e., overclock the main logic board from 133MHz to
167MHz, all that is required is to remove one resistor at location
R276 located on the backside of the main logic board. A soldering iron
and a pick, or an Xacto knife, or a razor blade, will do the job
easily. Just heat the solder at each end of the resistor while using
the pick, or Xacto knife, to loosen and free the resistor as the
solder joint liquefies. You can also cut the resistor free with the
knife or blade, but be very careful not to harm adjacent components.

No adjustment of the CPU clock multiplier is required. See this
English translation of the French article on how to do the conversion
from 133MHz to 167MHz:

<http://www.macbidouille.com/articles/89/page3>