At 14:48 -0700 10/24/10, MarkyB wrote:
>I sold my G4 MDD (epic sad face here) and I am about to set up my old
>G4 B&W. I've never had a use for the monitor power share on the PSU,
>but are there cords to which I can use that with a standard lcd
>screen?
>
>What I am talking about is the PSU has a male connector for its power
>cord, and a female connector for a pass through connection to the old
>CRT studio display if I am not mistaken?
>
>This will be my secondary PC as my ADC 20" is connected to the
>winblows machine and I need to keep it that way.

My G4 Sawtooth has such a configuration. The usage changed sometime after the
IIFX so that power was simply paralleled with the input connection. My IIFX
offered switched power for the female socket so that an associated monitor
would have its power controlled by the Mac. No longer so on the Sawtooth and
probably not for your B&W either.

The female connector is European style and requires a less than common cable
with plastic around the male connector that prevents any human contact with the
pins as it is being plugged in.  Early Apple products came with that kind of
extension cord for a monitor with a connector on it as opposed to a built-in
cord.

I suspect that kind of cord can still be found in stores but I have no
suggestion. I know there's one on my IIFX but it looks as though I'm going to
need it for some work I promised in January. The CAD on the G4, Vectorworks,
won't open its own files from the IIFX era.  Sigh.

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--