----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: B&W: Is It or Isn't It? (Silly Senile Question). . .
Date:    Dienstag 16 November 2010N
From:    Yersinia <yersi...@myfairpoint.net>
To:      "G-List" <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>

> The current running thread about Yosemite B&W upgrades made me wonder if
> MY B&W was also a Yosemite. I never knew its "codename" for sure like I
> did my old G3 Beige desktop, the Gossamer. My B&W is the 450 MHz one,
> and Everymac.com says it's "based on Yosemite architecture" but doesn't
> say anything else or specify outright that it's actually a Yosemite. So
> do any of you know: is it a Yosemite, or isn't it? And if it isn't, what
> is it, and can someone please tell me where do we go to find out these
> things? I thought Everymac.com was the place for this and can't believe
> I couldn't find this out from there.

I've found this codename on the information page of OnyX for Tiger. The
Leopard version dropped this information though.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html

It was shown as “Yosemite, Yosemite 1.5 and Silk” – I just assumed, since I
have the very first incarnation of the G3 B&W that it is the Yosemite.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250