Back again. Trying get a new 500 GIG Caviar WD5000AA to work on a G5
20-inch 1.8 Ghz machine. The Machine starts fine on a install CD but
neither the installer or Disc Utility can even find the new drive.
The drive has been tested on another Mac and had been formated ok. The
cables look ok. What can I do now to locate the problem?

Anders

Are you sure the power cable is connected correctly. It's easy to miss the slot on them, I found that on my G5 PM recently.

Which of the two cables to the drive is the power cable?