On Dec 4, 2010, at 11:43 AM, John Carmonne wrote:

On Dec 4, 2010, at 7:39 AM, Len Gerstel wrote:

On Dec 4, 2010, at 10:24 AM, John Carmonne wrote:

I would like to capture still pics from .wmv files that dump into my iPhoto library from my digital Olympus camera. I can freeze the shot I want and click the pic to remove the control strip but as soon as I move the mouse to use a capture command the control panel reappears. I'm not finding an answer in iPhoto help. I'm using iPhoto '09. I'm hoping for a simple method to do this. Anyone else do this?

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP

Have you tried using the old school command-shift-4 partial screen capture command? command shift 3 captures the whole screen, but 4 brings up cross hairs that allow you to only capture part of the screen.

Len
The command shift 4 will work fine but as soon as I move the mouse the control panel reappears in the picture. I need to get the picture without the panel in it.

Then there is the 2 step. command shift 3 takes the whole screen without moving the mouse, then edit the resulting file.

Or, open the movie in VLC or Mplayer and screen shot it from there.

Sorry, don't use iPhoto so can't really help with that.

Len