At 11:40 AM -0800 12/4/2010, rtows...@aol.com wrote:
[Config moved from bottom of OP and cleaned]
  450-MHz Power Mac G4 DP GigE, 768 MB RAM, 40 and 20 GB HDs
  External ?wired? kvm, and 300 GB firewire HD.
  Mac OS 9.2.2 and X 10.4.11.

[Aside - When having a hardware problem, why do people put their hardware information at the bottom of the message? That's about as bad as top-posting, IMO. It means we have to skip to the end to learn the config then go back to the top and re-read... That's just not a good use of anyone's time.]

Appears to be dead....... No power-up light Non fans No chimes No HD spin Seem to recall possibilities are power supply or front panel board. Any way to isolate? I have unplugged monitor, kybd & ext FW drive followed by int HD with no change. There are no pci cards installed.

(In this order, but stop when something works, of course).

Zap the PRAM.

Replace the PRAM Battery.

Disconnect all internal drives, pull all the memory and the video card. See if that produces at least some error beeps. If it does, then your ps is fine, you just need to fix whatever the beep said.

Disconnect the power supply and check its voltages... (looks like other replies have covered that)

Do you need the repair manual?

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.