At 10:42 AM -0600 12/12/2010, James Therrault wrote:
On Dec 12, 2010, at 9:05 AM, Dan wrote:
At 8:20 PM -0600 12/11/2010, James Therrault wrote:
Even if you got zapped, it would only be a momentary discomfort.
Lotsa voltage but notta lot of current...

ROFLMAO. Arg, 'tis a nice tingle. (Down Periscope - the radio guy providing power to the system thru his body). I still have scars from a crt zap, in HS.

Our old family mechanic had a habit of asking you to hand a wrench or other metallic tool while he was holding a plug wire from a running car. Not pleasant but hardly lethal...

That's as good as leaving charged capacitors on your work bench, for the hands-on teacher to, um, "find", when he was checking your work.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.