On 12/15/10 11:48 AM, "Bruce Johnson" <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2010, at 6:36 AM, Dana Collins wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>> No, this is one of the simplest arrangements I know for this unit - Mac,
>> Apple kb, mouse and a 17" Viewsonic monitor.
>
> The only times I've ever had this issue it was a flaky USB device causing it.
> Do you possibly have another KB and Mouse to test it?
>
> Also look in the system log at the shutdown time (you can usually display more
> of the system log to see what happens through the shutdown and restart cycle)
> and see if anything weird seems to be happening (which is hard to tell if you
> don't knwo what's 'normal', I'll admit.)

Bruce,
You're right as rain on this (as always!). I had the mouse's cord (a little
too short to go around the monitor base) relaxed with with a Zio USB dongle
plugged into the keyboard - removed it, and all is well. Never had that
happen before, very odd.
Thanks Bruce, and thanks to all for your contributions.
Best regards,
Dana