Greetings all,
I hope these are a couple of easy issues. I gave a G4 Dig. Audio to a
mac newbie, and he has been having a couple of questions. Here is a
quote from his latest response:
"Hey,
Thanks for the reply and happy new year as well. I looked into the
locking issue. I found that if you press option+apple+q it will lock
the screen, but i noticed that it will close all aplications. Is there
a way to change that and to change the keyboard buttons pressed to
lock screen? and the videos are all youtube and they are loaded on the
youtube site from firefox. During and after buffering video seems to
jump around still.
Thanks"
(end quote)

Item 1 -
 Apparently, he wants to replicate the "lock screen" action found on
Windows (I believe it is the MS key plus l - I really am not sure what
that does except maybe do a quick screen blank
which requires password entry upon wakeup) - short of logging out or
invoking the screen saver, I was not aware of such an action on OS X
(his unit is on 10.4.11).
His report on command-option-q is above, but I cannot replicate it on
my Tiger iBook.
Any thoughts?

Item 2 -
The "popular" You Tube stuttering issue - again, he is using Fire Fox
(latest flavor I presume) in OS 10.4.11 on a 733MHz Dig. Audio, which
is equipped w/ 1.5 Gb RAM and a 64 Mb NVidia "TwinView" video card
pulled from a 800MHz DP QuickSilver.
I seem to remember some 3rd party add-ons for FF that addressed
helping this issue.
Any thoughts on this? (BTW, I did install Perian on the unit before
giving it to him).

Thank you for any thoughts,
Dana