Greetings,

I did do a search for some earlier posts on this but didn't really
come across anything specifically that answered my question so I'm
hoping to find help here.

I've got a Power Mac G5, (Single) 1.8 Ghz, 1.5 Gigs of DDR SDRAM.

It's the Power PC 970 2.2

I love this machine and it's been good to me and I'm wondering what
(if any) would be the best way to just give it a bit more oomph as I
do video editing for a living and am about to upgrade everything to
HD. Works rather well and quickly with the SD footage I've been
editing for years, but I'm on a new Mac Pro 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel
Xeon with 6 gigs of memory at work and even THAT can take it's sweet
time with the hard core 1920x1080 footage.

I'm broke so an Intel is out of the question. And though I don't
understand video cards that well, it seems that that may be the only
shot I have---and I've read a few posts about folks successfully using
"Flashing" PCI cards?? ANY info. you guys may have would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks for your time!!

I'm running FCP Studio 6.6

Best,
Anthony S.