On 2011/01/18 20:59, Jeffrey & Daile Engle so eloquently wrote:
While using my powermac G5, I use ichat, skype and other video
conferencing software. When I get an invite to chat, I have to turn
my (system) volume way up to hear the caller. Then when the chat is
over, heaven forbid if I had itunes playing a song earlier, because
the song is now 1400 decimals!! and the race is on to turn down the
volume before my ears burst and the neighbors call the police for
noise pollution.

What I need is a way to control iChat/skype volume without altering
the system volume? any way to do this??

You could route the audio through Audio Hijack Pro using Soundflower, and use the AU/VST effects to boost the signal but it may be more distorted by the time it gets to you. Can't hurt to try if you own AHP, Soundflower is free.

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64MB 10.4.11

PB G4 15" HR-DLSD 1.67GHz G4 2GB RAM Radeon 9700 128MB VRAM 10.5.8

Mac Pro Mid-2010 2.8 GHz QC 8 GB RAM Radeon HD 5770 1 GB VRAM 10.6.6