On Jan 20, 1:34 pm, "Tina K." <penguir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/01/20 19:04, Jane, (Portland, OR) so eloquently wrote:
>
> > I have heard of LogMeIn, but it looks like you have to pay for it. I
> > don't know how well it works, either. Can any of you recommend a
> > program and how easy it would be to use?
>
> What about Screen Sharing in Core Services? That's what I use on the
> LAN, I've never done remote on the WAN though. I would think with proper
> configuration it would work (mainly enabling remote access and port
> forwarding to his PowerBook).
>
> Tina

LAN means the local network, say in your house, with 2-3 computers
connected by an Airport or router, correct?

I tried to connect to my MacBookPro and the PowerBook from my new iMac
using the GO>Connect to Server. I kept getting a message that said
incorrect password or user name and I KNOW they were correct. (I use
the same one for all the computers.) So I could not connect with
Screen Sharing.

Also, would I have to be home to use the Screen Sharing?

Jane