just wanted to post a quick success story on adding wireless to my
Sawtooth.

based on advice from this thread

http://groups.google.com/group/g3-5-list/browse_thread/thread/19e74c46d9466fb3

i bought a mini-pci to pci adapter on ebay for about $6 including
shipping.  in my parts bin i had a mini-pci broadcom wireless card
that i had salvaged from an old dell laptop.

the mini-pci to pci adapter card came today.  i installed the mini-pci
broadcom card into it, attached the antenna cable (part of the PCI
card assembly), inserted the PCI card in an open slot, and booted it
up.  the network control panel opened, said a new device had been
detected, clicked OK, and the familiar wireless icon appeared in the
menu bar.
i clicked on the wireless icon, selected my home network, entered the
password, and it connected and acquired an IP address just like it was
supposed to!

thanks to the posters in the above-referenced thread for the idea!
that broadcom card from the old dell laptop was just gathering dust in
my parts bin!

ken