What a difference a day makes.

I powered down my Dual processor G4 very early this morning. When I
turned it on this morning the pilot light came on and nothing much
happened except the klorg noise. Anyway it won't boot.

Two screws, unplug everything, put it into the next "to the dump"
computer. Two screws, plug everything in and now its going in a 400Mhz
whatever it is with a gig of ram. If this happens again I still have
two more "to the dump" computers left.

When I was working with the dual processor last night it gave me some
sort of warning about bad memory. I am thinking this is why it won't
boot.

Before this happened I checked out all of my G4's. They all have
different power supplies than the DA. They each have two power plugs
on the back, and innie and an outie. The DA just has one. I am
surmising that this is one od the differences between 100 and 133 Mhz
machines.

Is it safe to say the 133mhz ram and 100mhz ram don't mix?

I have ordered almost everything I need to recover the data on the
boot drive of the DA. It was killed by a power surge not a crashed
head.

Mark Murphy