On 2/25/11 10:00 PM, Barney Guzzo wrote:
Hi.  I have a 2002 G4 933 Quicksilver.  It has a 250 gb (Seagate) and
a 128 gb (WD) ide drive, 500 gb sata drive, pci sata controller, pci
gigabit ethernet card, pci 4 port 2.0 usb card, geforce ti 4600 128mb,
and its connected to a a 23" Apple Cinema Display via ADC. I am using
OS 10.4.11.    This machine runs flawlessly and I have no problems.
So what am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Yes, IMNSHO you are doing something HORRIBLY WRONG -- THIS POST! What is the MATTER with you?! You are dismally failing to just appreciate it when you've got one of those precious rare instances of something GOOD happening in the mostly sucky endeavor we call Life! In this case -- you have a beautiful Quicksilver which runs flawlessly and does everything you need it to do. BE THANKFUL!!!!!

IMO upgrades are only NECESSARY when (a) the present computer no longer does what you actually NEED it to do (word processing vs. gaming, for instance: I mean heck, I bet an an old Mac Plus on System 6 would be enough for an obsessed writer who doesn't care about games, music, pictures or videos; but it sure as hell wouldn't do a graphics-intense and/or online game addict any good!), or, (b) the computer is running too slowly or is outright malfunctioning, which makes it way easier and maybe also even cheaper to buy a newer, "better" one instead of fixing or upgrading the one you have which has become insufficient or problematic.

But if that NON-PROBLEMATIC Quicksilver 933 of yours IS doing everything you need it to be able to do, I think you should count your blessings, ENJOY it, bask in its beautiful sunlight and remember:

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIX IT.