On Mar 1, 2011, at 9:41 AM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

> Every once in a while, I have a need to give grandma instructions on how to
> do something on her mac (as well as others) and I would like to record my
> movements on the screen and my voice.... then be able to email the "file" to
> her or them... Is this possible?
>
> And hopefully cheap or possibly free? any ideas? TIA

Free:

Jing <http://www.techsmith.com/jing/free/> Also links to Facebook, Flickr, etc.
KRUT <http://krut.sourceforge.net/>

Some non-free ones:

<http://mac.appstorm.net/roundups/utilities-roundups/10-screen-recording-tools-for-mac/>

Snapz Pro is one I've seen in use and is a very good piece of software.

As Dan said, get a dropbox account and put it up there.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona