On Mar 6, 2011, at 10:33 PM, ah...clem wrote:

> On Mar 6, 12:47 pm, John Carmonne <carmo...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Your computer is way too slow to do the streaming stuff.
>>

> how can that be possible?  a QS w/ stock vid card plays DVD's with no
> problems.  how can internet video be more MB/sec than that when it's
> way more compressed?  it's got to be the internet connection is too
> slow.

Not, when most video cards of that era had a built in hardware MPEG decoder for
playing DVDs.  Otherwise they couldn't have played DVDs and that would have
been uncool.  But the decoder is only good for the specific coding on a DVD and
AFAIK not good for anything else.  You might be able to play back a DVD saved
to disk as either a disk image or as the video files.  I'm not sure, I did it
once but on a somewhat higher performance machine so it may have been handling
it in software.

Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting