At 2:33 PM -0700 3/23/2011, Clmtyne wrote:
Powerbook G4 15", and for some reason after switching to the other user, I noticed that the applications folder had no folders in it.

HD / file system corruption perhaps. Run a verify disk pass with Disk Utility; repair if needed. But do this AFTER fixing the memory problem (below).

open "About this Mac and saw that there is only 1gig of Ram showing. So what happened to the other 1 gig stick of Ram? What causes that and is it common? How do I fix this?

Reboot and see if the gig is still AWOL. If it is, then shutdown and reseat the memory. Hopefully it's just been jarred lose a bit...

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.