>> If this site is correct, then I would expect the Quicksilver G4
>> supply to be easily modified to work in
>> the Audio Digital G4. This is what I`m trying to find out.
>>  I have a G4 Audio Digital 733 which has a  failed supply.
>>  If the Quicksilver G4 supply can be modified, I`d like to
>> use it. If not, I look for reasons why.

It's "easy" IF you have the Molex (USA) Inc special tools and access to
Molex (Japan) Ltd pin housings for the Mini-Fit Jr series.

Fry's Electronics sells the pins in bags of 100.

If you have, say, a 24 pin housing, then you may cut it down to 22 pin.
Obviously, the reverse is not possible.

A possible source for housings is old PC PSUs. These use the same Mini-Fit
Jr series as Apple does, but a different configuration (20 or 24 pins).

Try Digi-Key for the pin housings. Also the pins and possibly the tools.

Or, your friendly Molex distributor.